Immerse Yourself in Turkish Local Culture
Go beyond the ordinary and become a true traveler!
Discover The Artist Within!
Choose the topic that interests you the most!
- This event has passed.
Workshop: Belly Dancing Class
October 4, 2016 @ 13:30 - 15:0045$
A solo and group dance type, belly dance takes many different forms depending on the country and region, both in costume and dance style, and new styles have derived in the West as its popularity has spread globally.
In this workshop, you will be introduced to classical Turkish-style belly dancing. Participate in this workshop to get to know the techniques and practices of Turkish belly dancing. If you are curious about belly dancers, their life style, education, background, social status, how they are looked upon, etc., you can ask questions of the expert belly dancer. This workshop is designed for students who are new to belly dancing or who want to improve their dancing skills. No experience is required.
Get your hip scarf on and discover the artist within!
- Shimmy your belly with an expert belly dancer.
- Learn basic belly dancing techniques including posture, shimmies, isolations, undulations and traveling steps.
- A brief introduction to the history, context, and philosophy of belly dancing.
- Understand the rhythms and variations of steps.
- Learn combinations of traveling steps and turns most frequently used in belly dancing.
- No dance experience is required for beginner classes.
- The workshop will take you through some workout techniques based on Turkish traditional belly dancing moves.
- Commentary and translation services in English by a professional local guide
- Tea, coffee and cookies
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Hip scarf
Recurring Event :
Every Tuesday at 13:30 – 15:00
Price Per Person / Per Session : $45.00 US Dollars
Where is C.I.P? How convenient is the location?
Even if you are not staying in this vicinity, you will likely be in our neighborhood as we are only 5-minute walking distance from Taksim Square or the pedestrian street of Istiklal. The Çukurcuma Antiques neighborhood is nearby too.
How to get to C.I.P from Taksim Square?
Take the Sıraselviler street, pass the German Hospital, enter the Soğancı street by turning left from the corner of the Güllüoğlu Baklava store.
Second block on the right. Private car park is available at the Soğancı street.