Workshop: Making Sufi Music Instrument “Ney”, end-blown flute ($90 USD Per Person)
The ney is an end-blown flute that we encounter mostly in Middle Eastern music. The ney has been played continuously for 4,500–5,000 years, making it one of the oldest musical instruments which is still in use. This original ney-making experience will introduce you to the world of Sufism. You will be able to work together with an expert ney-maker. Participants will make their own instruments from reeds and they will later try blowing their own neys. You can keep your ney as a souvenir.
You can also ask questions of the artist and have more information about this instrument and the kind of people who play this and where and how they play.
This is probably once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Come, join us!
- During this workshop, professional makers will guide you throughout the making of your own instrument.
- The raw material reed and tools will be provided by C.I.P.
- This workshop is open for the participants from all levels.
- All materials
- Commentary and translation services in English by a professional local guide
- Tea, coffee and cookies
- Hotel pickup and drop off. Our guests are expected to get to our place on their own. Please see the descriptions below.
Two-Hour Private Sessions are available: Please ask for available days and hours
Price Per Person : If you are minimum four guests, the price will be $90 USD per person. Please ask for a quote for less number of participants.
How to Book?
- You can just send an e-mail to email@example.com
Where is C.I.P? How convenient is the location?
Even if you are not staying in this vicinity, you will likely be in our neighborhood as we are only 5-minute walking distance from Taksim Square or the pedestrian street of Istiklal. The Çukurcuma Antiques neighborhood is nearby too.
How to get to C.I.P from Taksim Square?
Take the Sıraselviler street, pass the (former) German Hospital, enter the Soğancı street by turning left from the corner of the Pharmacy. Second block on the right. The name of our building is Cihangir Palas. There is a real estate agency at the ground floor of the building. We have an elevator and we are on the third floor.
Private car park is available at the Soğancı street.