Immerse Yourself in Turkish Local Culture
Go beyond the ordinary and become a true traveler!
Discover The Artist Within!
Choose the topic that interests you the most!
- This event has passed.
Turkish Coffee Experience and Fortune Telling
September 30, 2016 @ 10:00 - 12:0030$
Overview / Description / Introduction
Turkish coffee differs, not in the choice of beans, but in its preparation from other coffees. Finely ground roasted beans and sugar (optional) are added to water, and boiled on low heat multiple times in a special pot called cezve. Served unfiltered, Turkish coffee bears earthy aromas, a distinctive full body and frothy texture. The more foam there is on top of the cup, the better quality it is.
After learning about the history of Turkish coffee, you can also experience how to make it and read coffee cups. You will first make your own coffee in the traditional way, then the fortune teller will read your cup and tell you about your future.
- Learn the historical and cultural background of Turkish coffee.
- Experience the Turkish coffee ritual.
- You will make your own coffee.
- Let the fortune teller read your fortune.
- Turkish coffee is listed in the UNESCO’s Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- A perfect choice if you are interested in learning different forms of Turkish local traditions.
- Why Turkish Coffee?
- Turkish coffee teaches patience. You have to cook it slowly for the best results.
- Makes you relax.
- Encourages conversation.
- Turkish coffee is really all about socializing and relaxing.
- All materials
- Commentary and translation services in English by a professional local guide
- Your fortune will be read
- Coffee and cookies
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Recurring Event : Every Friday 10:00 – 12:00
Price Person : $30.00 US Dollars
Where is C.I.P? How convenient is the location?
Even if you are not staying in this vicinity, you will likely be in our neighborhood as we are only 5-minute walking distance from Taksim Square or the pedestrian street of Istiklal. The Çukurcuma Antiques neighborhood is nearby too.
How to get to C.I.P from Taksim Square?
Take the Sıraselviler street, pass the German Hospital, enter the Soğancı street by turning left from the corner of the Güllüoğlu Baklava store. Second block on the right.
Private car park is available at the Soğancı street.
Photo Gallery :